Responses by the NENA Workspace Comment Manager to the comment submitter should be considered in concert with standard language (accept, accept with modification, not accepted, deferred) to communicate the decision of the working group. Accordingly, these terms are defined as follows:
- New - Assigned as the status when a new comment is submitted.
- Deferred – When resolution of a comment is put off to a subsequent revision or referred to another entity. Response indicated as appropriate (Not An Issue, Not Germane, Not Fixable, or Will Not Fix.)
- Assigned – When a comment has been assigned to an individual (e.g. Work group leader) for reply.
- Issue Addressed – When a comment has received response from the WG, e.g. accepted, accepted with modification, not accepted, and Response indicated as Fixed, Withdrawn by Submitter, Duplicate, Not An Issue, Not Germane, Not Fixable, or Will Not Fix.
- Submitter Rejected Response - Submitter does not accept the WG's resolution of the comment.
- Submitter Accepted Response - Submitter accepts the WG's resolution of the comment. (RESOLVED)
- Submitter Withdrew Comment - (RESOLVED)
- Rejection Overridden - The WG or an appeal's process overrides the submitter's rejection of the WG's resolution. Response back to the submitter must include the rationale/reason why the comment was rejected. (RESOLVED)
- None – provided when a new comment is submitted.
- Fixed – Accepted or accepted with modification.
- Withdrawn by Submitter
- Duplicate – Duplicates Comment (indicate comment number)
- Not An Issue – Not accepted
- Not Germane – Not accepted - irrelevant to the issue being worked
- Not Fixable – Not accepted
- Will not Fix – Not accepted
IMPORTANT: Whenever providing a response, copy/paste the following at the end of the response as appropriate:
- If you are a Work Group member, please click on ‘View Comment Details’ below and Update Comment Status by clicking on the State drop-down list to indicate your acceptance or rejection of this response. Unless we hear from you otherwise by <date> we will consider this resolution to be accepted.
- If you are not a Work Group member, you must email your acceptance/rejection to the Work Group Co-Chairs who will then copy/paste the response into NENA Workspace and update the status and response. Unless we hear from you otherwise by <date> we will consider this resolution to be accepted.
Instructions to group Comment Manager(s): Notify the "Comment Submitter" by checking the applicable box on the Comment response e-mail form. Be sure others are unchecked.
The goal and work flow to ensure we have a complete record is:
· Comment submitted
· WG responds with resolution and requests acceptance/rejection by <date>
· Hopefully, commenter will respond with acceptance
If the commenter does not respond by the due date indicated in the WG response, then a WG Co-Chair may enter a response indicating “commenter did not respond by due date – closing as accepted.”